Date: Saturday, February 1, 2020; 8:00 a.m.to 12:00 p.m.
Amount of Scholarship: $350.00
Application Deadline: January 10, 2020
Audition Location: St. Cecilia Music Center
Maximum Performance Time: 12 minutes
Application Fee: $12.00
SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION RULES
1. The 2020 competition shall be open to any piano student currently in grades 9-12, whose teacher is a member of the Piano Teachers’ Forum.
2. The repertoire shall include one work from the Baroque or Classical Period AND one work from the Romantic, Impressionistic or Contemporary Period. The repertoire must be memorized.
3. A copy of the music, with each measure numbered, must be furnished for the judge. Photocopies may not be submitted.
4. Scholarship auditions are closed.
5. A winner and two alternates shall be selected.
6. Enrollment must be completed online at ptfgr.org. Click on “Member Resources,” then click “Online Registration.” Select the Scholarship Competition Application. The guidebook form below is for your records and contains all the information needed for online registration.
7. Payment is due by the January 10, 2020 PTF meeting. A single check totaling all fees accrued from each participating teacher, made payable to the Piano Teachers’ Forum of Grand Rapids, should be mailed to the Scholarship Chair: Cheri Verhey, 948-72nd Street SE; Grand Rapids, MI 49508.